Subject: [Leica] LHSA meeting next month
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Aug 11 13:45:25 2006

On 8/11/06 3:43 PM, "Stasys Petravicius" <stasys1@cox.net> typed:

> Hi All- Those of us going to the meeting- let's leave our cameras at
> home and borrow new loaner gear from Leica when we get here- preferably
> the M8 digital. Then, after using it we just take our memory cards home
> and leave the gear. No fuss, no muss, no insurance worries.
>
> For before after LHSA take a $200 p/s panasonic camera - who cares if
> someone steals it from your unlocked bag? Stasys

I was wondering if they'd think we bought the thing in Photokina or Solms or
some camera store somewhere in Germany and try to us pay some tax duty or
something for it and confiscate.
Keep it for a week to make sure it didn't have Rabies. Have is put it in
baggies so they condensate profusely.

Do we need to take a Polaroid of the inside of our camera case with the days
newspaper headlines plainly visible in the background to prove we walked in
with the stuff?
As you can tell. It's been awhile since I've been out of the general
neighborhood. Or USA. Make that north America.

What about that 4/3's Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 with the 3000 Leica lens?

Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1, 7.5 Megapixel, SLR, Digital Camera (Camera Body)

Our Price:     $ 1,999.95
Availability:   Approx. Arrival September
Leica D Vario-Elmarit 14-50mm F/2.8-3.5 OIS

That's a darn dangerous image capturing hunk of paraphernalia.

I'm glad its got OIS in it thoght I looked it up.
It means:
"Oh I See"  or
Office Information System
    what every office needs, or
Open Interface Server
    Brian will like that one! Or

Orbit Improvement System
    That's what Pluto needs!

Or Ordnance Information System
    MJS will know about that one! But first he had to go through
Ordnance Initiation System

And lets not forget
OIS    Organization for Internet Safety
OIS    Organization for Internet Security
OIS    Osteopathic Information Service
OIS    Overflow Internet Services (Gold Coast, Australia)

And my favorite by far....
OIS    OVERNIGHT INDEX SWAP

Mark Rabiner L.S.M.F.T.

The Village of Elmsford, Westchester County, NY  10523