Subject: [Leica] LHSA meeting next month
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Aug 12 13:32:29 2006

>snippet<

> I'm sure that Leica will be showing/pushing the M8 at every
> opportunity. This should be possible as they will be showing it at
> Photokina the weekend  before the LHSA meet, so we'll probably see it
> first, there.
>
> I've signed up for the Leica Akademie, after the LHSA meet. They're
> promising to let us play with a pre-production M8. In fact, the
> entire seminar (according to the promotional text) is to be based on
> the "M8d" or  "D1" or whatever it will be called.   The  Akademie has
> been limited to 20 people, and the implied promise is that we'll each
> get one to play with for a day.  On that score, I'm doubtful....  but
> ever optimistic! ;-)
>
> If it's true, I'll be posting a comparison of the M8d to the R8/DMR
> combo, in late October. So stay tuned!
>
> Cheers!
> ---
>
> David Young,
> Logan Lake, CANADA
>
> Limited Edition Prints at: http://www.telyt.com/
> Personal Web-site at: http://www3.telus.net/~telyt

I hear they're giving one as a door prize to every 8th person who walks
thought the door. Or gets off the plane.
I'm going to position myself 8 people behind someone who looks lucky!

Get on the 8 ball.

Mark Rabiner L.S.M.F.T.

The Village of Elmsford, Westchester County, NY  10523

Replies: Reply from telyt at telus.net (David Young) ([Leica] LHSA meeting next month)