Subject: [Leica] Lens caps
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Aug 15 22:05:55 2006

Aagh Sonny. Did this cheerful guide have to demonstrate on YOUR lens????
I'd have been inclined to suggest what he could do with his eraser.
I wonder if it was the guy who watched Ted crunch the three M5s together ;-)

I'd just as soon not have to test the theory of how tough those
microscopically thin coatings are. The philosophy being to eliminate any
unnecessary risk. Easy in my situation to take the extra care, even if not
strictly necessary, with expensive optics.

You've raised a very valid extra point on the filters too, regarding the
seizing.

Cheers
Hoppy