Subject: [Leica] Re: bananas
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Aug 16 14:18:34 2006

At 04:38 PM 8/16/2006, you wrote:
>bananas start here:
>http://www.sonc.com/banana/pages/banana01.htm
>Sonny

Beautiful textures on the banana leaves, Sonny.  Are those growing in LA?

I learned something new about bananas on this trip to Honduras.  I
was familiar with the big purple blossom that hangs below the stalk
but I didn't know that each individual banana has an orchid-like
blossom on the end as it forms:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/65275301

The butterflies, bees, and wasps were busy fertilizing each individual
blossom.
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/65275436

I'll never eat another banana without thinking about the beautiful
blossoms that become bananas.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA
http://www.tinamanley.com