Subject: [Leica] Re: bananas
From: jgovindaraj at eth.net (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Wed Aug 16 20:34:15 2006

Tina,
The banana flowers are quite a coomon part of our diet in South India,
we cook and eat it often, its delicious. Try it next time. Actually its
a very important plant - we eat the fruit raw and ripe, the flowers, and
the stem which is a refreshing salad type vegetable. In addition, the
leaves are commonly used as hygenic biodegradable throw away plates,
shaped into containers for food,etc
Cheers
Jayanand Govindaraj
Chennai, India