Subject: [Leica] the P/s camera I bought
From: stasys1 at cox.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Sun Aug 20 12:54:28 2006

Hi All- After looking at the recommendations I received from several of
you - I ended up buying a Panasonic DMC-FX01 camera. It  has a white
finish on the front and some of the back and very nice features for the
$284 USD that I paid for it delivered to my door in 4 days. I purchased
it on the web- from www.techbargains.com. You look under DELL, and look
for their specials. This camera had a 25% off coupon which you plug in
at the checkout point. You can see the tech features of the camera by
reading them on the Panasonic website. It has the 28 - 102 mm range
that I was looking for, has a Leica designed lens, aspheric, 2.8 - 5.6,
and image stabilization (although I'm not sure if it does too much at
this range). The ergonomics could be a little better- as far as
gripping it with my large hands- but for this price- there are
compromises. I think it will be very handy for travel. With sunglasses
on in bright light the screen is not very visible. I think you can
adjust its contrast. I've taken a few shots with it- had them printed
at the drug store- and they look very good for this type camera. When I
figure out how to post to the LUG ( help!!), I'll put them up.
Again- thanks for all the suggestions.

ps- there is a very capable p/s Panasonic coming in Oct- 10 mp, long
zoom , etc for $495USD. Details on their website.

pss- I have no stock in Panasonic
Stasys