Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Tue Aug 22 07:10:33 2006

Adam Bridge writes in part:

> In November we'll be flying east to pick up a new car at the factory
> and go to a wedding in Frederick, MD.
>
> Afterwards we're driving back to California and we thought a special
> drive would be to drive through Shennandoah Ntl Park and then a
> portion of the Blue Ridge Parkway.

Hi Adam,

I've never driven that part of the US but we did something similar to what
you are planning for November last month when we flew down to Phoenix
Arizona picked up a new sports car and drove it home up the west coast. Up
to about two years ago I owned a C4 Corvette and they are a lot of fun to
drive, especially on a windy road with good blacktop.

You will love the drive home. My advice is to buy a good radar detector. The
Valentine One is my signal receiver of choice. Take along you camera, travel
light, and don't forget to break in the new car before you leave for the
highway trip home.

Congratulations on the new car and have fun!

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?)