Subject: [Leica] OT: Driving the Blue Ridge Parkway - share your thoughts?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Tue Aug 22 08:03:23 2006

The images of the acid-rain ruined forests remind me of a quote from
Faulkner in "Delta Autumn" (I'll quote from the version in _Go Down
Moses_)

"No wonder the ruined woods don't cry out for retribution. The very
ones who destoryed them will accomplish its revenge."

I've always loved Faulkner since I first read "The Bear" in college. I
remember first reading this and suddenly there were tears in my eyes.
It was just a day or so after Robert Kennedy had been killed so things
were rather emotional around campus anyway.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and images.

Adam