Subject: [Leica] Re:Photos of M8
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Fri Aug 25 21:42:26 2006

On my M6 TTL the flash sync is a connector on the back of the camera
covered with a little knurled knob with Leica on it. I've never used a
plain M6.

The layout of the back is very strongly like that of the DMR - whose
ergonomics I find absoultely first rate - and it could be the source
for the photoshopped image.

I agree that the battery door could be on the bottom but there has to
be ROOM for the battery and the electronics and I don't see room - the
size of the camera appears to be identical to that of an M6/7. But
there needs to be room for the shutter, the sensor on the film plane -
and that's going to be thicker than film is.

I just don't believe this image. Not to mention the huge eyepiece.

AB