Subject: [Leica] Re: Photos of M8 now D2x
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Aug 26 18:27:18 2006

Christopher,
I think that they are just rumors as the full frame lens stable is a little
bare at the Nikon Cookie store.  Yes, a good outfit of 17-35, 70-200 is
quite desireable.  But, considering that Nikon can not fill orders for the
18-200 and is introducing the 18-135 and a rather good 75-300 ED VR I don't
expect any new lenses this time around.  Heck, even the rather fabulous but
non-mainstream 100 Macro is hard to come by.  Considering Nikon's history of
not being able to build quantities of new items I think the D80 will tap
them out for a while: although preorders for the D80 are running pretty
slim.  Possibly by PMA will we see something astonishing.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com