Subject: [Leica] Re:Photos of M8
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sun Aug 27 11:21:54 2006

On Aug 27, 2006, at 9:31 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> I'll stick my neck out :-) :
> It IS a fake - look at the artifacts around the red dot and little
> blue
> window; look at the artifacts around M8; look at the artifacts
> around the
> lens-release button; and on and on. This thing is almost as obvious
> as the
> Canolyka fake posted a while back.

That's just heavy jpeg compression. These images came from a screen grab
of a PDF product sheet. Then they were cropped and re-saved. At this
point
you are looking at a xerox of a xerox.

If there is anything that makes me suspicious, it the slightly clumsy
line
of the top plate. With the advance lever missing it looks a little
out of
balance and I would think that Leica would tweak things a little to
improve it.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net
     www.elanphotos.com