Subject: [Leica] Perpignan Festival of Photojournalisme 2-17 Sept
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Sun Aug 27 16:24:22 2006

Jeff, Steve and whoever else will be going (unfortunately not me; my
travel plans for the next couple of months have been put on hold due to
some major litigation I'm handling.....it pays for food and cameras but
requires my presence here):

See if you can find and say hello to photojournalist Steve Simon, who I
believe will be presenting his new book on Hope, HIV and Africa....see:
http://stevesimonphoto.com/home.html

I attended a workshop taught by Steve about a year ago and we've stayed
in touch.  He is an excellent photographer, an enthusiastic teacher and
an all around good guy.  I've got several of his books and I've seen a
galley proof of the new one.  Powerful, eloquent stuff; its not at all
the downer you might expect.

Look him up and tell him I said hello.

--Bob Baron / Oklahoma City