Subject: [Leica] Re:Photos of M8 now D2x
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Aug 27 16:36:12 2006

Robert D. Baron wrote:
>Seeing Ted's 20D + Leica lens photos of swimmers made me all the  more
>impressed with his unique ability.
>A couple of weeks ago I tried to photograph some of our dogs in the
>backyard with my 5D which has a third party BrightScreen viewfinder
>(brighter than the stock screen) and various Leica R lenses.....and  I got
>maybe 5% of my shots in focus.

Steve Unsworth responded:
> Hi Robert, I don't want to denigrate Ted's excellent shots, but  swimmers
> tend to move in a straight line at a fairly constant speed,  kids and dogs
> don't :-)<<<<

Hi Bob,
Steve is absolutey right! :-) By the same token a bit of experience shooting
sports for 40 years kind of helps! ;-) Dogs or swimmers! ;-)

My suggestion for the dog and pups is, get a couple of hot damn terrific
fast auto-focusing Canon lenses when you want to shoot the dogs in action
and you'll be laughing all the way to the successful bank! :-)

And leave the Leica glass for rock and fern non moving non-breathing
subjects! ;-)

ted

Message from lug at steveunsworth.co.uk (Steve Unsworth) ([Leica] Re:Photos of M8 now D2x)