Subject: [Leica] Re:Katrina relief pin-up calendar
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Aug 28 18:43:53 2006

Yuck! I can't think of anything worse than the "Disneyfication"
of the Quarter.

My memory of the first time eating a big plate of crawfish was
in a bar somewhere on the edge of the Quarter where the locals
seemed to be mostly leather clad homosexuals (I presume there
were several gay bars in the vicinity).  A terrific memory!
Opened my eyes, something fresh and new to a young lad.

If it had all been "family friendly" and "McCulture," I don't think
I would have ever returned again.  In fact, I know I wouldn't.

To sum up, screw the family friendly, watered down simulcrum
of "culture."   Real life shouldn't be replaced by a museum.

Scott