Subject: [Leica] Migration of LUG gallery complete
From: mads.christensen at gmx.net (Mads Christensen)
Date: Thu Aug 31 08:50:06 2006

Ted,

Thanks for your kind comments and suggestions regarding the web picture that
I sent to our web master ;-)

I took that photo in all haste this morning with OT-gear: OE-300, Noflexar
3.5/35mm from Novoflex. This M42- lens has a 'built-in macro mode' where the
barrel is pulled out in 1-4 steps. A mighty fine lens indeed, albeit a bit
slow. I focus at full opening and then I stop down as much as I like to get
more contrast and less blur.

There was not too much light and the web was sitting in my hedge at shoulder
height so it was a bit difficult to move much closer. Anyway, I did move
closer and here are two photos to illustrate the effect of pulling one or
two steps (=inserting tubes):

http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/BReid/P8314200.jpg.html

http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/madstorben/BReid/P8314202.jpg.html

Mads