Subject: [Leica] The Return of Freida, and Items For Sale
From: jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman)
Date: Thu Aug 31 19:17:28 2006

Those of you who read my post the other day remember Frieda.  For those who
don't, an explanation.

Years ago, my college buddy's young daughter introduced me to her cat,
Freida.  "Why did you name her Freida?  That's not a name you hear often
these days" I said.  The girl replied, "When we got her, the owner said
she's Freida good home."

Thus, my Freida offer.

Just cleared out my side closet and found a few Freida items that are
available to the first LUG user who meets the requirements.

For the first item, the requirement is:
You MUST own the camera that uses this accessory, and you MUST have used it
(ie., exposed a roll of film through it) during the past two months.  If you
meet those criteria, the first ones to reply will get the goodies gratis.

Kodak 2x teleconverter for Retina Reflex S, III, or IV.  Supposedly these
also can fit the Bessamatic cameras with some minor surgery.  I sold my
Retina Reflexes some years ago, but this teleconverter evidently got tucked
away.

For the second item, the requirement is:
You must promise to have this camera repaired, and in use (with pictures
taken with it posted to the LUG) by 12/31/06.

Mid-1950s Retina IIIc, in excellent cosmetic condition.  However, the LVS
coupling between shutter speed and aperture is not functioning, and the wind
lever does not return after advancing (you can push it back, though.)
Selenium meter in virgin condition (it's virgin on accuracy, but needs
either repair or adjustment.  Also the spring on the little door for the
high-level light level is AWOL.)  Lens looks great, and comes with original
half-case.  Shipping at your expense.   If I didn't have a second IIIc, I'd
fix this one.  The Schneider 50/2 lens is a champ--in my opinion superior to
the collapsible Summicrons of the same period!  It's also delightfully
compact--the penultimate classic folding Retina.

For Sale:

Minolta Autometer III, with incident bubble intact.  Purchased this several
years ago, but frankly haven't used it more than once--my Voigtlander VC
meters are just fine for me.  $100, plus shipping.

Photography a la Cart:  Great wheeled cart! Cleaned out my closet (just
bought some wooden shelves to house my camera equipment), so my wheeled cart
is now for sale.  Excellent condition, with four pull-out shelves plus top.
Great for storing cameras, prints, office supplies, etc.  Wheels made it
easy to move around home or office.  $75 plus shipping--this is not
collapsible, so shipping would not be cheap. Recommend pick-up in Bryn Mawr,
PA.  However, those who have visited have noted that the visit alone is
worth the journey. Picture at

Jim Shulman
Bryn Mawr, PA