Subject: [Leica] Am I wasting my time/money?
From: richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard)
Date: Sat Sep 2 13:22:48 2006

Aram, you don't NEED to use a tripod. You just need:

- use a ISO100 film. By using the ISO25 film, you are trying to exploit the
fine grain advantage, except it has to be done correctly. No offense, but
you are not doing it right!!!

- Make sure you are using at least 1/60 and don't jab or otherwise wiggle
the camera. You don't have to use a tripod.

- Make sure you are using at least F4. Those small digital sensor's "F2,8"
could be about F11.

- When you process, just pay $2 to have the film scanned onto CD. That you
have one set of data point.

Not that film will "win." That's no longer an interesting argument. Film
vs. digital nailed down pixel peeping is just asking for trouble. If you
like film, shoot film. If you like digital, shoot digital. If you want to
compare fairly, then compare fairly.