Subject: [Leica] So how do our friends at Solms handle their customers?
From: philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent)
Date: Sat Sep 2 17:37:36 2006

Op 2-sep-06, om 23:01 heeft Didier Ludwig het volgende geschreven:

> What I never understand is - how do these dealers get the stuff so
> cheap? I still do not understood how grey market works. Leica says
> this camera left their factory in 2004. So who bought it?

Neither do I. The only explanation I can think about is that the
Leica to seller prices are mulitplied with a (agreed upon, to control
market prices) high factor to obtain the final consumer selling
price. It might be that grey market sellers just choose to have lower
margins...
The fact that it's a 2004 MP doens't seem strange to me: after all,
what is the ratio between what is produced and what is sold? If
production was lower than demand, I'm sure Leica would be in better
papers nowadays.
So nothing wrong about a body residing in stock for a few years.

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] So how do our friends at Solms handle their customers?)
Message from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] So how do our friends at Solms handle their customers?)