Subject: [Leica] Death of Gerald Leeson
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Sat Sep 2 17:50:54 2006

FYI

---------- Forwarded Message ----------
Date: 2 September 2006 6:13:48pm -0400
From: Kaaran Ursery <kursery@bellsouth.net>
To: reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject: Leica International Founder

I thought the Leica people might like to know that my father, Gerald Leeson,
died on Tuesday August 29th at Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida.
He was 87.  He founded the Leica  International Club in the 60's and had a
very extensive collection of Leica cameras, some quite rare. As he began to
get older, he dismantled his collection and sold the cameras and other
related items to various other collectors.  He has been in declining health
for a number of years and his actual cause of
death was renal failure.  There will be no obituary published and no service
due to the wishes of his current wife.  My mother, Dorothy Leeson, preceded
him in death in 1976.  I thought some of the
original people who knew him, would want to know.

Kaaran Leeson Ursery

Replies: Reply from bernardofeio at yahoo.com.br (bernardo feio) ([Leica] leica user's galery)
Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] Death of Gerald Leeson)