Subject: [Leica] eyeliner through the ages
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Mon Sep 4 12:12:39 2006

Philippe Orlent wrote:
Simply put: you're one of the biggest assets on this list lately.
And I mean it.

Thanks for showing,
Philippe
-----------------------------
I agree. The individual images are striking, and the series
has a great coherence. As I said before, I think it tells a kind of
story, and tells it well.

I'd go so far as to say that this series deserves to be seen by a
wider audience. I don't think it's enough photos for a book,
but that is just speculation - I don't know much about those
matters.

Sometimes I like to write fruity prose here about a photo or
group of photos, but my photo buddy in NYC is an actual
professional at writing flaky "art speak" commentary :-)

But really, he used to write the commentary for the Zabriski gallery
exhibitions and catalogs back when he had a "day job." (Last time
I was there, lots of early 20th century stuff - Man Ray, Marcel
Duchamp, etc.)

He's not John Szarkowski, but maybe he'd chip in on a project if
there was any interest in that kind of thing. I'll turn him onto the
this gallery of pics, in any case.

Great stuff.

Scott