Subject: [Leica] eyeliner through the ages
From: pswango at att.net (Phil Swango)
Date: Mon Sep 4 19:41:03 2006

Arche wrote:
>Phil,
>I'm not sure, because all my LP''s are European boots
>from the '80's, but I think Eggleston did several
>pictures for Big Star, and then Chilton's early solo
>albums. He must have been a hometown fan of the 'great
>lost band of the seventies'.

Bill was friends with Alex's dad Sidney.  Then became friends with Alex. The
Memphis art community was very close and tight back then.  Gordon's book is
an excellent document of the times.

>Is that the Robert Gordon who put out several
>neo-rockabilly albums in the late '70' early '80's?

That's a different Robert Gordon.  This Robert Gordon is:

http://www.rocksbackpages.com/writer.html?WriterID=gordon

--
Phil Swango
307 Aliso Dr SE