Subject: [Leica] Some days...
From: telyt at telus.net (David Young)
Date: Mon Sep 4 22:00:32 2006

Scott wrote:

>Nice capture.

Thanks.

>  Even at this small JPEG size, it looks just a little
>soft. Maybe the shutter speed? I don't know. Maybe just needs
>a little USM after resizing?

I think it's in the resizing/compression  .. the shot is tack as a
sharp in the full sizes .tif file!

Interesting that you mention this, as I think the second shot that I
posted (Easy) is a bit soft....

>I think this is GREAT subject matter. Fantastic world of
>possibilities.  Horses are so  beautiful, and people falling on
>their asses are so dramatic.

Again, I do not with to be contrary, but he's not falling on his ass,
but rather, on his head! ;-)

>  Really!  It's so macho. It feels
>so American,

Uh... he was a Canadian.

>If one were a) allowed and b) so very foolish, I'd wager that
>getting up close and personal to this action with a nice ~24-28mm
>lens would yield some really spectacular and unique pics. Just
>a random thought.

Indeed, you don't get out to a lot of Rodeo's... do you?

Using a 24~28 mm for these shots would not be either [a] allowed or
[b] foolish...that random thought would be random suicide!

Cheers!

---

David Young,
Logan Lake, CANADA