Subject: [Leica] Cosina/Voigtlaender Nokton 50mm f1.5
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue Sep 5 05:22:34 2006

Hi Gerry,
there is divided opinion on this lens. I did buy one but sold it
because of the boke, one picture taken at large aperture (B&W) was
completely ruined by the distraction of blodgy highlights of the
light shining through leaves of the background tree.
The Leica pre asph Summilux is sharper in the middle but slightly
less so in the corners. The main thing is the lovely look of pictures
taken with it, just like the related 75mm f1.4, it is my favourite
50mm lens.
If you don't shoot wide open much the boke may not be an issue - but
equally if you don't shoot wide open you don't need a fast lens ;-)
Frank

Message from nickbroberts at yahoo.co.uk (Nick Roberts) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlaender Nokton 50mm f1.5)
Message from gwpics at googlemail.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] Cosina/Voigtlaender Nokton 50mm f1.5)