Subject: [Leica] i am dr. corporate photo today
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 6 16:36:39 2006

Kyle Cassidy said and showed:

>i am.
> and for a photo shoot that begins "i have a meeting in 15 minutes, we
> need to make this quick".<<<<

Kyle,
Depending who the subject thinks he is or "important in the world" when they
come on with the comment.. >>> "i have a meeting in 15 minutes, we
> need to make this quick".<<<<

Obviously one must use good economic judgement depending if this is an
assignment for a very good client, so live with this a-hole or just a nobody
not likely to hire you again, your response should be swift, cutting and in
their face!

"Oh 15 minutes? You're lucky having that much time, I've only got 5 so lets
gone on with it... Look over my right shoulder!"

Click and click again followed with .. Thank you that's it we're done have a
nice meeting you've 10 minutes to spare."  Walk away and never look back!

You see when some folks require having their picture taken they don't really
want to spend time with "just a photographer!" So they come on with this
crap of a business meeting because they see you the shooter as a nobody and
themselves as somebody!

Same person having their picture taken by Karsh no matter what meeting the
subject has, they'd stay with Karsh as long as he wanted to take pictures.
It's often the same old sh..., some people put photographers in second class
citizen category when they have to deal with us.

We run into these so called self important a...holes all the time and I
react to them in the same manner they do me.... "oh you're the
photographer!" In a voice nuance like they just met a dung heap.

I accept not one iota of this crap from anyone because it's my job to take
the best possible picture of this person whether they realize it or not. So
that's when I give it back. Treat me slovenly and you'll get it back right
in yer face  baby!

Your 4 portraits regardless of the a-hole subject! ;-)
I like your 1st and 4th frames, the two middle look like passport photos
standing too far away. But one and four have a Kyle Cassidy look to them.

Look don't ever forget, given your talent, reputation and book in progress
you need not take crap attitude from anyone. You do not want to act like
them, but you have to use a way of putting them in their place. Like the old
saying... "Take no prisoners!" Figure out how to do this without any
repercussions and yer laughing. :-)

ted

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] i am dr. corporate photo today)