Subject: [Leica] OT, sort of: CS2, what's the verdict?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Sep 6 17:31:20 2006

Ken,
I have not used PSE in literally years so check off things that PSE does
that I use extensively in CS2.

First is 16bit color space, you can do far more extreme adjustments in
levels and curves in 16bit mode.

Second would be the complete freedom to use layers to adjust an image
without having to commit to an adjustment.  You can always go back and
change your mind.

Third is the ability to blend images in 32 bit mode to expand dynamic range.

Fourth is the highlight/shadow tool that can save hours of masking.

Fifth is smart sharpen that while not as good as some plug ins does a pretty
good job sharpening with much fewer artifacts.

Sixth is the ability to go from RAW converter to PS2.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com