Subject: [Leica] Portrait
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Sep 10 15:51:00 2006

> Philippe Orlent wrote:
>It's a good portrait with the reflection of the hair in the mirror.  She's
>very serious, though. And a bit intriguing. Must be something  with her
>eyes.<<<

Jim Hemenway agreed:
> My thoughts run along the same lines as those of Philippe.<<
Subject: Re: [Leica] Portrait<<<<<<<,,

Guys I agree there's potential here, but you must be kidding that the hair
in the back ground mirror has anything to do with the "FACE PORTRAIT!" Or am
I looking at an entirely different photograph?

It never caught my eye at all and is quite frankly meaningless in this
portrait because of the wonderful face, without question "potential for
beautiful Rembrandt lighting."

As it is we have this wonderful face being "ordinarily lit" when with a
slight turn of the head to the subjects' right it could have been a smashing
beautiful portrait!

Victor missed the high end potential of what it could've been and ended up
with a plain ordinary every day kind of photograph! And you guys are talking
about the bloody hair reflected in a back ground mirror of no consequence?

C'mon get real, this has great potential and Victor blew it! But I will give
him credit again for long lens use! Unfortunately the most important part,
"light and face" was missed! Period!

ted

Replies: Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Portrait)
Reply from philippe.orlent at pandora.be (Philippe Orlent) ([Leica] Portrait)