Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica] M8 lens dilemma
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sun Sep 10 19:50:23 2006

Scott,
Mostly lots of R&D as well as the legacy of the speed wars of the fifties
and the sixties.  It should be easier to design a fast really wide lens for
a small sensor but I suspect the MBA types ran a spreadsheet to demonstrate
that they would have to sell X thousand lenses and the marketing types
couldn't commit to those numbers.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com