Subject: [Leica] Long live the bottom loading plate!
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 14 16:02:22 2006

Right on. When I first considered buying a Leica, I was
really intimidated by all the talk about how hard it is to
load film.

It's not hard at all! It's really easy.

We need to eradicate this "meme" from Leica-Land, lest some
poor souls are depriving themselves of the Leica M's pleasure
due to completely unwarranted fears about film loading.

Glad to see the M8 continues the tradition ;-)

Scott

p.s. I think the only time I misloaded film on a camera was
with my FM3a. I didn't get it to catch right, and shot 36 non-
exposures.  OTOH, I have since loaded the FM3a before with
one hand. I was scared about bending the shutter blades, but
it felt like a real accomplishment at the time :-)