Subject: [Leica] M8 & DL3s
From: vondauster at earthlink.net (Will von Dauster)
Date: Thu Sep 14 22:05:09 2006

Aram has hit on what I think may be the only thing which might,
might, prevent me from buying an M8.

I hate dusty sensors.

The Olympus system has spoiled me in this regard. Never had a single
blotch on any frame shot with this system. Now Pentax (K10), Sony,
and Canon have all adopted dust reduction systems in their newest
cameras, so this looks to become the new standard. And, of course,
the Leica Digilux 3 has the same dust reduction feature, so that
would always be an option.

But there's that fabulous M glass just sitting in my closet...

Will von Dauster