Subject: [Leica] New pic from Hoppy
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 15 14:41:07 2006

Philippe,
300+MB is no unusual thing for me.  Start with a basic 3600dpi scan at 16
bit; the whole frame will come in just under 100MB.  Do basic dust removal
then use layers for levels and curves, not much larger file at this point.
Then add a duplicate layer to dodge and burn your file just doubled.
Screwed up the horizon, another layer to rotate and crop.  Then come any
masks or what have you so you might be working with a 500MB file.

The only problem is that Bridge loads really slowly when opening a folder of
layered files.