Subject: [Leica] Why I need a M8?
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Sep 15 14:47:23 2006

Luis,
The benefit is that an additional shot is essentially free.  The benefit is
that you have the ultra fine grane slow film right next to the very fast
reportage film.  With one camera you can go out into the rural past of Spain
and take a remarkable landscape then drop in a small establishment to
satisfy your thirst or take your daily glass or red wine and record the
remarkable guest sitting next to you in the extrememly dark interior.  The
benefit is that now you have a 300 exposure roll of film with you when the
grandchildren stop by.  The benefit is that you can switch from a low
contrast portrait film to a high contrast saturated film with a few buttons
or later in the computer if you shoot RAW.  The benefit is that you shot two
frames of the space aliens landing you can get the images without feeling
guilty for wasting a roll of 36 exposure film  :)

And if you travel you don't have to lug forty or fifty rolls of film with
you through airport security.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com