Subject: [Leica] Trying to understand M8
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Sat Sep 16 14:02:50 2006

On Sep 16, 2006, at 11:14 AM, mehrdad wrote:

> one thing to note about digital, it is much like shooting slides, the
> exposure needs to be precise  or you Will have burned highlights.
> (this is one area that that digital needs improvements)

I find the DMR much more forgiving of exposure errors than slide film.
Yes I do have to be careful not to burn out highlights but setting
exposure compensation to -1 and matrix pattern I've yet to see a
burned-out highlight and there's still plenty of detail I can pull out
of the shadows.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com