Subject: [Leica] Changes in Erwins site
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 16 20:52:29 2006

I notice that from this morning to this evening that Erwin has removed the
images comparing the M8 to the 5D.  Probably a good thing as I am not sure
that sharpening was equalized.  Canons have a good bit of internal
sharpening as a default so I don't believe it was a fair comparison.  Time
will tell.

I am troubled by his references to the 1.33 crop factor requiring more
enlargement.  A picture element is a pixel; the architecture of the chip and
the algorithms that go along with them determine image quality.  The Nikon
D2 series has shown that a smaller sensor can compete quite well with a
larger sensor, and in fact may be able to resolve finer detail if the pixel
pitch is smaller.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com