Subject: 50mm Lenses - was: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW week 38 back in the airport
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Sep 17 14:58:51 2006

Any opinions on the LTM Nikkor 50mm lenses?

Scott

Don Dory wrote:

> Luis,
> Oh, I don't think youi have too many 50's. If you like a little softer
> look,
> try using an uncoated Summitar.  They are not too expensive and can
> provide
> a lovely look as long as you don't include bright lights in the
> frame.  Or,
> pick up a Canon 50mm F1.4.  The Canon has a quite wonderful rendition
> especially wider than 5.6.  So in your bright landscape perhaps some
> FP4 in
> Rodinal.
>
> Don
> don.dory@gmail.com
>

> On 9/17/06, Luis Ripoll <luisripoll@telefonica.net> wrote:
>

>> Thanks Don,
>>
>> The 50 Summilux ASPH is an outstanding lens, maybe for my style too
>> sharp.
>> Additionally we generally have a bright sun and we could appreciate some
>> "softer" contrast. Even so I ask me if I'm doing a mistake holding 3
>> lenses
>> of 50 (Summicron, Elmar, Summilux from 1965) and additionally the
>> Tri-Elmar!
>>
>> The same thing arrives me with the 35, I have the Summicron (4th) and
>> the
>> Summilux previous to the ASPH...., but I'm really very happy with my
>> lenses.
>>
>> I'm sorry, I not understand SWMBO...
>>
>> I want go to the Airport too and see.......
>>
>> Saludos desde Barcelona
>> Luis
>>
>> -

[snip]

--
Pics @ http://www.adrenaline.com/snaps
Leica M6TTL, Bessa R, Nikon FM3a, Nikon D70, Rollei AFM35

Replies: Reply from ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka) (50mm Lenses - was: Re: [Leica] Don's PAW week 38 back in the airport)
Message from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll) ([Leica] Don's PAW week 38 back in the airport)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Don's PAW week 38 back in the airport)