Subject: [Leica] RE: Trying to understand M8
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Sun Sep 17 17:15:50 2006

At 2:09 PM +1000 9/17/06, G Hopkinson wrote:
>Unlurk Bob, it's speculation, analysis frenzy time.
>I read that the info from the coding is used for the RAW files and
>is selectable. Makes sense to me.
>No idea about the jpegs.
>
>Cheers
>Hoppy

Again, from what I saw there's no need for the coding if you can
stand not having the focal length in the EXIF data. Rather than spend
$100 or more a pop, I'm most of the way there to another lens.

Wait for the release version; preferably get a hands on demonstration
of coded vs. the same lens non-coded, and then decide.

After that I think there will be few who will send their lenses off
on a perilous and expensive journey to be tattooed.

I'm past the age where tattooing appeals to me.

--
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design