Subject: [Leica] FYI
From: ken at iisaka.org (Ken Iisaka)
Date: Sun Sep 17 20:55:08 2006

Before I plunged into the Leica world a little over 8 years ago, I had a
slew of Nikon equipment, and the F3(hp) was one of my favourites.

It actually had a titanium shutter curtain that was very, very durable.
Nikon has been using titanium shutter curtains since 1964 or so, and
even its rangefinder cameras (many SP, most S3 and S4) also had titanium
curtains.

The first vertical shutter in a Nikon was one of the Nikomat/Nikkormat
cameras, if I remember correctly (FS?)

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] FYI)