Subject: [Leica] Slow M8 burst mode?
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Mon Sep 18 09:03:45 2006

Henning Wulff wrote:
> At 10:00 AM -0400 9/18/06, Michael Volow wrote:
>
>> In the DPreview preview of the Leica M8, I thought I remember reading
>> that the continuous mode or burst mode is only 2 frames/sec. If true,
>> this is dreadfully slow for an expensive camera. Even my old Digilux I
>> gets 3-4 frames/sec in burst mode. If true, I hope that they will
>> rethink this
>

> Since I've never shot any M faster than 2fps, I'll be able to live with
> that in the M8 should I get one. Single shot is what I'd use anyway.
>
> I believe, without any actual knowledge, that since the shooting speed
> is tied to the shutter recocking, that the speed was kept low in the
> interest of keeping the shutter/wind noise low. That's a compromise I
> applaud.

Well, in that case they could give us a choice.
I agree that 2fps is enough but that is becasue we are used to that.
Why not implement a fast/noisy mode and a slow/silent mode?

Cheers,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Slow M8 burst mode?)
Message from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Slow M8 burst mode?)