Subject: [Leica] Re: Macbook
From: robert.jagitsch at gmail.com (Robert Jagitsch)
Date: Mon Sep 18 16:18:00 2006

> The MacBook is awfully tempting for these reasons, but my research
> indicates a possible deal breaker: no pc card slot. If, for example, I
> wanted to use a Cingular Wireless Sierra Air Card for broadband internet
> access via the Cingular Wireless network in the US or via one its
> partners abroad, no go. I would need a MacBook Pro,

Actually the MacBook Pro doesn't have a PC Card slot, either; it has
Expresscard/34.

The only EVDO Expresscard that will work in the MacBook Pro is here
(Verizon):

http://www.evdoinfo.com/EVDO_Products/ExpressCards%2C_USB%2C_PCI_Express/Novatel_V640_-_EVDO_ExpressCard_20060410730/

The 12" Powerbook doesn't have a PC Card slot either.

> I'm still digesting all of this, but whatever I decide I want to
> heartily thank everyone who chimed in, and again thank Brian for hosting
> this saloon.  What a truly valuable resource this place is!
>
> And if anyone has another opinion about which Mac to buy - since it
> appears there is zero competition for the 2.65x3.5inch mini iPhoto books
> - don't hesitate to pile on.
>
> Or for that matter if anyone has an opinion about my sanity in even
> considering buying a whole new computer, not to mention buying into a
> whole new operating system, just to make some $9.95 mini photo albums.....

Methinks you'll enjoy not only iPhoto but the entire experience. :)