Subject: [Leica] Re: MacBook PC card?
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Mon Sep 18 17:48:13 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 7:04 PM, Robert wrote:

> The MacBook is awfully tempting for these reasons, but my research
> indicates a possible deal breaker: no pc card slot. If, for example, I
> wanted to use a Cingular Wireless Sierra Air Card for broadband
> internet
> access via the Cingular Wireless network in the US or via one its
> partners abroad, no go. I would need a MacBook Pro,

Apple has not incorporated a provision for PC cards in laptops with
12" and 13.5" screens, presumably because of space limitations. All
the laptops (iBooks, Powerbooks, MascBook Pro) with 14" and bigger
screens have PC card slots. Some even have two slots. For the 12" and
13.5" laptops there are several wireless adapters on the market which
will plug in to the USB 2.0 port. You will have to check with your
cellphone wireless provider to see what will fit.

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from davison_m at msn.com (MARK DAVISON) ([Leica] Re: MacBook PC card?)