Subject: [Leica] Something different
From: kennybod at mac.com (Kenneth Frazier)
Date: Wed Sep 20 17:43:25 2006

On Sep 20, 2006, at 5:44 PM, Tina Manley wrote:

> At 05:37 PM 9/20/2006, you wrote:
>> >From the LUG dictionary.
>> A "Greenberg" is a child photo depicting a distressed child. The
>> distress is provoked by the photographer by allegedly abruptly
>> removing their lollypop in order to capture the resulting expression.
>
> I can't believe she got some of those expressions by just taking a
> lollipop away.  Some of those kids look like they've been told that
> their favorite pet was killed or their mother just died!  In any
> case, there's no good reason for making a child cry - especially in
> the name of "ART".
>
> Tina

Tina, I attended an opening at a gallery not long ago and, in
addition to painting, sculpture, pottery, etc., there were also a
number of photographs displayed.  One of them was of a young girl,
perhaps 5 or 6, whose facial expression, while not manipulated like
Greenberg's stuff, was clearly born of distress.  Something had to
have been done, or said, that caused her face to screw up as if she
were ready to bawl her eyes out.

I don't get it.

Ken
-----------------------------------
The Rev. Kenneth Frazier
Connecticut Conference, United Church of Christ
Current Leica Photography (PESO):
http://gallery2.leica-users.org/v/kennybod/

Current Medium Format Photos:
http://tinyurl.com/bjvfn

Current Leica Photography (in move to new gallery)
http://tinyurl.com/6sc2r

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Something different)
Message from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Something different)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Something different)