Subject: [Leica] Professional Leica Users?
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed Sep 20 19:01:12 2006

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the gentleman used the term "toy" as
a hobbyist item, not a piece of gear that a pro photog would use for most of
their livelihood.  This has nothing to do with the durability of the
cameras, hardly.  I took my M4 and M2 to Iraq and both performed flawlessly
when my Nikon digital wouldn't even turn on (above 115 degrees.)  The Leicas
are as durable as ever & nothing else can really compare besides an old
rugged film body such as a Nikon F2.  The reasoning behind the discussion
here is that there's too much cost and time when shooting film.  It's mostly
relegated to the hobbyist and fine art shooters.