Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica users
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Thu Sep 21 15:45:12 2006

Haven't Leica's always been priced very dearly?  Too dearly
for most young photogs anyway.  Was it here on the LUG or
in the LHSA Viewfinder that someone wrote that at one point
in history the cost of a Leica and a lens approximated the cost
or a new automobile?

Hassie's weren't cheap; Rollei's more so; Sinar's should be made
of gold; and so on and so forth.   So what?

The fact that most young people can't afford the coolest gear is
largely irrelevant, IMHO. Let them use Canons, or maybe Sony
DSLRs in the near future. My first camera was a Canonet.

Scott