Subject: [Leica] Monitor calibration (was Umbria and Saas Fee 2006)
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Thu Sep 21 16:24:27 2006

After completing three iterations of calibrating my ancient CRT monitor with
a friend's Gretag I see what almost everyone has been telling me: the images
are too bright!

When I consulted the manual for my monitor to find out how to set
brightness, contrast, RGB, etc. and noticed that it referred to Windows 95,
I realized that the monitor wasn't just 5 years old as I had thought but
more like 12 because I kept it through two CPU replacement cycles, Win98 and
Win2k. The RGB adjustment controls don't work any more.

Since I don't suffer from M8 lust (yet) I will investigate replacing the
CRT, perhaps with a 21" ViewSonic or NEC AccuSync. My desk configuration
limits any display to a maximum enclosure width of 23". I welcome comments
and/or recommendations based on personal experience.

Oliver

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] Monitor calibration (was Umbria and Saas Fee 2006))
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Monitor calibration (was Umbria and Saas Fee 2006))