Subject: [Leica] OT: graphics card
From: oliverbryk at comcast.net (Oliver Bryk)
Date: Sun Sep 24 14:10:09 2006

Along with replacing my 15-year old 19" CRT, should I replace my graphics
card (NVIDIA GEForce2 MX/MX 400)? The drivers are current.
I'm looking at LCD monitors such as the larger ViewSonic, NEC MultiSync, or
Apple Cinema, to give some examples.
What properties of a graphics card are important for photo editing? I
understand that DVI is necessary for the Apple.
My physical limitations for card replacement are: AGP 2.0, 250W power
supply, 1800MHz P4 CPU. There is almost 1" of space for the card because the
adjacent PCI slot is empty.
I neither watch movies nor play games on my desktop PC.
Thanks for recommendations, Oliver

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson) ([Leica] OT: graphics card)