Subject: [Leica] Re: Documentary work
From: bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen)
Date: Fri Sep 22 08:00:08 2006

Tina has this one pegged! And frankly, one has pretty much always had to do
commercial work of one sort or another to support documentary work. Still
documentary work and t.v./film/video work - particularly for hire - are
different animals. In fact, I'd go so far as to suggest that the work for
corporations and social service clients - as glorious and Emmy worthy as I'm
sure it is - is PR work, not true documentary work, in that it is work for
hire produced to tell a story that a client wants told to promote the agenda
of that client.