Subject: [Leica] Re: Documentary work
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Sep 22 07:05:59 2006

On Sep 21, 2006, at 10:47 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

>> My fine art buddy is taking on some documentary jobs to pay the
>> bills.
>>
>> Scott
>
> What!  Please let me know how this is possible.  I take on commercial
> jobs to be able to afford to do documentary work.  Who is paying for
> documentary photography these days!!
>
> Tina

Tina, Ted

Documentary work lives - but it's all on video. Someone has to fill
up that "vast wasteland."

My daughter recently did three hours of broadcast video on the Yale
University Tricentennial anniversary. She also did a history of
submarines from Bushnell's "Turtle" to the atomic powered Nautilus
for the Electric Boat Company. She gets constant requests from her
gainful employment as a TV writer/producer to do freelance
documentary work for medical and social services clients. So far she
has been nominated for 5 Emmys and has won two International TV
awards for her social service spots, a feat that makes her parents
very proud. All that expensive education wasn't wasted. Now if she
would only call and visit more often - -

Larry Z

Replies: Reply from bd at bdcolenphoto.com (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Re: Documentary work)