Subject: [Leica] Brian Reid gets a least part of an M8
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Sep 25 20:31:35 2006

LUG,
As promised to all who contributed all Spring and Summer we are closing out
donations to (help) purchase an M8 for Brian.  Many, many of you responded
with great kindness in our efforts to thank our saloon keeper.  We have
collected almost half the price of an M8 and you have done yourselves proud.

I want to express my sincere thanks especially to Nathan who spearheaded our
European collections with kind zeal in pursuing all of our friends in
Europe.

For those of you who missed my sometimes subtle requests for charity, I have
been privately emailing the more active luggers and made one broadcast
request during the summer.  If any of you feel slighted in not getting a
request, I apologise.  I did not want to harass anyone about this entirely
voluntary project.  However...., if anyone wishes to make a last minute
donation please mail a check to:

Don Dory
52 Putnam Circle
Atlanta, GA 30342

As you know I will be in Germany until October 7th so I can only answer
questions through tommorrow September 26th.

Brian has opted to place an order with Keeble & Suchart near his home as he
values the support he has recieved over the years there and he is number
three in line.

Thank you again to all who responded so kindly in telling our saloon keeper
how much we value his hard work and funds in keeping the saloon and art
gallery open.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Brian Reid gets a least part of an M8)