Subject: [Leica] Who needs a M8 when you have a Nikon D200?
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (G Hopkinson)
Date: Tue Sep 26 17:19:11 2006

Now Richard has confessed that he used a Summicron on an Epson. Naughty
Richard for trying to fool the LUG. It's a reminder that
looking at little low res jpegs on line is not very conclusive. I shot the
Elmar M 90 and a Summicron and that Nikkor 105 (on an F2)
side by side recently by chance. The Nikkor showed up very well. Not seen
side by side with the Leica glass, I'd say it was great.
I've also owned a number of Nikkor 50s. The latest(an AF) is on a friend's
D70 now  and it works well.

Cheers
Hoppy