Subject: [Leica] digital replacement for Contax T? Sigma
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Sep 27 06:30:52 2006

No prices known for the Sigma DP1 so far as it's not available yet. But it
will be cheaper then the overpriced GR-D, for shure. All I could find out
about it was: pictures have 3:2 ratio (not 4:3, very important for me),
manual focus mode possible as well as aperture and shutter priority modes.

Can't say if the Sigma lens will be a match for the GR-D's lens, certainly
not in terms of speed since it's one stop and a half slower; but the foveon
sensor (the same as in the new Sigma SD14 DSLR, 14MP, 20.7x13.8mm, crop
factor 1.7) will outperform the Ricoh's tiny 1/1.8" (7,2x5.3mm) CCD sensor
for shure, especially at ISO 400 and higher.

As discussed in another thread, as fixed lens wideangle compact camera it
should absolutely have an accessory shoe to add a viewfinder, to attract
more interest anmongst the potential customers. because it's the Voigtlander
28mm metal finder (or 28/35 minifinder) that made a gem out of the GR-D.
Nathan proposed to put on an accessory shoe with epoxy.

Didier

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] digital replacement for Contax T? Sigma)
Message from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] digital replacement for Contax T? Sigma)