Subject: [Leica] Anyone out there load cassettes from bulk film?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Sep 27 08:34:51 2006

Only a little cost effective when you buy newly produced bulk rolls, but
strongly cost effective, when you can find rolls which are shortly outdated
or will be it soon. Since a year, I get them as soon as they're outdated,
from a local wholesaler which seems to be glad someone buys them, for
approx. $0.60 per 36 frame roll of HP5+, FP4+ or Tri-X.

But another issue of bulk film is the higher risk of having horizontally
scratched negs. Some of my best italy rolls in 2004 were scratched from a-z
though I had used brandnew cans.

Didier

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Anyone out there load cassettes from bulk film? - Lloyd versus Watson?)
Message from vintagebill at verizon.net (bill harting) ([Leica] Anyone out there load cassettes from bulk film?)